Wetaskiwin's Business Advantage
Wetaskiwin's Strategic Location
The City of Wetaskiwin is strategically located, and offers quick access to essential trade routes:
- 10 minutes to QEII Highway (Calgary-Edmonton Corridor), and CANAMEX Trade Corridor.
- 30 minutes to the Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- 55 minutes to downtown Edmonton (35 minutes to the south side)
The Low Cost of Doing Business
Reduce your overhead and live comfortably off the bottom line.
- Commercial lease pricing of $10 - $15 per sq. ft.
- No off-site levies at Wetaskiwin's South East Industrial Park
- Competitive non-residential tax rates
Trading Area (2014 Census)
The primary and secondary trading area populations show another reason why Wetaskiwin is a strong contender to suit your business needs.
- Primary Trading Area Population: 50,264
- Secondary Trading Area Population: 93,637
Short Permit Approval Timeline
Development permits are processed much quicker than many surrounding municipalities.
- Development permits are processed within six weeks
- The development department works with you every step of the way to get your permit approved in a timely manner
- The permit application is simple to fill out, which makes applying even easier
High Density of Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs are powerful economic contributors, and local business networking groups offer resources and encouragement.
- Monthly meetings to encourage networking and foster relationships
- Programs to support and invest in the local small business owners
- Commitment to promoting our entrepreneurs at local, provincial, national, and international events.