Planning & Development Permits

While all City buildings may be closed to the public at this time, please know that we are still here to provide service as much as possible. If you have planning & development questions, inquiries and/or permit applications for submission, please:

Delivery: Drop Box located at North Entrance of City Hall
(4705 - 50 Avenue)

Building & Development Permits

The City of Wetaskiwin issues development and building permits for all construction within city limits. Permits are required to ensure that all work completed will conform to the construction and safety standards that have been accepted under the Safety Codes Act, and that the inspection(s) will be provided by certified safety codes officers.

Permits are processed upon receipt of permit fees. Development and building permits should be submitted to the City of Wetaskiwin. Information regarding building permits can be found on the Superior Safety Codes website or give them a call at 1-888-358-5545. Electrical, gas, and plumbing are processed through Superior Safety Codes Inc.

No work can commence until the permits have been reviewed and approved. Failure to comply can result in double fees, as well as violation enforcement fees.

For more information or to obtain a permit, please call 780.361.4431 or visit the Development Services office at Wetaskiwin City Hall (4705 - 50 Avenue).

Please click on the following sections for additional information: