Information for Voters
Voter InformationAll eligible voters will cast their ballots at the Wetaskiwin Memorial Arts Centre (5206 - 50 Street); the City has not been divided up into voting subdivisions. The City of Wetaskiwin does not have a voters list, therefore proof of identification is required to vote.
Only one piece of the following acceptable forms of identification is needed to vote:
- Photo identification issued by a Canadian Government or agency that contains you name and current address;
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque;
- Correspondence issued by a school, college, or university;
- Government cheque or cheque stub;
- Income/property tax assessment notice;
- Insurance policy or coverage card;
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
- Pension plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
- Residential lease or mortgage statement;
- Statement of government benefits
- Utility bill
- Vehicle ownership, registration, or insurance certificate;
- A letter or form (attestation) confirming that you live at the stated address. The letter may be signed by the following:
- Authorized representative of a commercial property management company;
- Authorized representative of a correctional institution;
- Authorized representative of a First Nations band or reserve;
- Authorized representative of a post-secondary institution;
- Authorized representative of a facility that provides services to the homeless;
- Authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre;
Advance VotesThe Advanced Vote will be determined by the Returning Officer.
Election DayElection Day is to be determined. Voting hours are from 10 AM until 8 PM at the Wetaskiwin Memorial Arts Centre (5206 - 50 Street).
Institutional Voting StationsThe City of Wetaskiwin will have temporary voting stations for residents of the following:
|Peace Hills Lodge
|Wetaskiwin Meadows/Kiwanis Kourt
|Good Shepherd Lutheran Home
A list of Official Candidates shall be posted once the Nominations period is complete.